Not sure about many of you, but here's how it often works for this stubborn man...
1) Have a problem/need, etc
2) I study it out
3) I make the best possible decision I can
4) I pray about it
5) I get confirmation that it's a good decision!
Awesome. got it. Works.
Now comes how it sometimes goes for me...(the hard part)...
6) Get excited about having an answer and resolve to act
7) Doubt the answer because I'm afraid of the possible outcomes
8) Put off acting (till I feel stronger about it?) - maybe it'll just happen on its own?
9) Re-think it, get distracted by other things (sometimes other good things), and sometimes try on variations/modifications/justifications...
10) Realize I still have the problem, still have an answer, and still haven't acted on it.
11) Re-commit and re-pray - this time asking for forgiveness that I failed to act and to ask for strength to now act/implement
12) Actually exercise faith in the answer and act!
13) Immediately feel peace and strength and confirmation I did the right thing...and often, I am immediately blessed with additional things I need/want to go further and be successful in my decision.
As the Lord said to Saul on the road to Damascus, " hard for thee to kick against the pricks." (Acts 9:5).
Yes, Lord, it is....